Days after being granted omnipotent “decree” powers, and a week after the Venezuelan president wielded his mighty Marxist sword and jailed 100s of “bourgeois, barbaric, capitalist parasites”; Maduro has unveiled his latest “keep the masses happy” trick…
- *VENEZUELA TO SPEND $100M ON SAMSUNG IMPORTS: RAMIREZ
- *VENEZUELA TO IMPORT 400,000 SAMSUNG PRODUCTS, RAMIREZ SAYS
Why didn’t AAPL get the nod? As Maduro explained yesterday, 15-30% margins are “enough”… Of course, the US is disappointed in the decision to grant Maduro “decree power” – perhaps as they didn’t think of it sooner (though they do have the Obamaphone?).
Via Bloomberg (from Venezuelan State TV):
- Venezuela to pay $100m in cash for Samsung product imports, Ramirez says
- Samsung products to arrive before Christmas, Ramirez says
- Govt, Samsung create joint venture, looking for factory sites, Ramirez says