Last year’s 6,977 word homage to jobs provided just over an hour’s worth of applause-impacted rhetoric create much ado – more with what was not said than what was said. This year’s 9pmET speech will likely be dotted with hope, and change, and jobs, and congress, and of course our union is strong… because the S&P is up 16% since last year’s SOTU. But, by our measurement from Bloomberg’s data from December 2011 (the last NFP before 2012’s SOTU) to January 2013 (this year’s last NFP) – Non-Farm Payrolls (NSA) dropped from 133.292 million to 132.705 million (or a 587,000 job loss).
- *OBAMA SAYS `GENERATION’S TASK’ IS TO BUILD STRONG MIDDLE CLASS
- *OBAMA SAYS GOVERNMENT MUST WORK `ON BEHALF OF THE MANY’ NOT FEW
- *OBAMA SAYS PROPOSALS WILL NOT INCREASE DEFICIT BY `SINGLE DIME’
- *OBAMA CALLS FOR `SMARTER GOVERNMENT’ NOT `BIGGER GOVERNMENT’
- *OBAMA ORDERS DHS TO DEVELOP REAL-TIME CYBERSECURITY RESPONSE
Full breakdown and summary to follow: