Obama is scheduled to speak on the Ukraine 4:45pm. He may not even be half an hour last this time. And while we are waiting, we just got this:
- U.S. BELIEVES GROUND TROUPS IN CRIMEA ARE INDEED RUSSIAN: CNN
Perhaps this confirms there are no Russian troops on the ground after all.
Well that was quick:
- OBAMA SAYS ‘DEEPLY CONCERNED’ BY RUSSIAN MILITARY MOVEMENTS
- OBAMA SAYS “THERE WILL BE COSTS” FOR MILITARY INTERVENTION IN UKRAINE
- OBAMA SAYS “UKRAINE PEOPLE DESERVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DETERMINE THEIR OWN FUTURE”
- OBAMA SAYS HE COMMENDS RESTRAINT OF UKRAINIAN GOVERNMENT
- OBAMA SAYS BIDEN HAS SPOKEN WITH PRIME MINISTER OF UKRAINE
- OBAMA SAYS U.S. SUPPORTS UKRANIAN SOVERIGNTY
And… that’s it: no statement on what if anything the US will do if Russia keeps its presence there and continues piling troops and equipment.